Meeting begins punctually at 6:45 a.m. with 15 minutes of open networking
- 6:45 – 7:00 am – OPEN NETWORKING
- 7:00 am – WELCOME VISITORS, INTRODUCE LT, MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE, VISITOR HOSTS, AND EDUCATIONAL COORDINATOR. (Call the meeting to order — 0: 15 minutes into the meeting)
- PURPOSE AND OVERVIEW OF BNI®.
- NETWORKING EDUCATION. The Educational Coordinator, or the person chosen for that week gives a 3-5 minute
presentation on networking (the topic and presenter should be assigned by the Educational Coordinator).
- PASS BUSINESS CARDS TO THE LEFT. Remind members to keep extra cards on each member for their card file. Have visitors pass out business cards separately.
- WELCOME NEW MEMBERS TO THE ORGANIZATION. Give out New Member Packets upon acceptance. Have them come to the front for a formal induction into the chapter.
- MEMBERS INTRODUCE THEMSELVES AND GIVE 60-SECOND PRESENTATION. Ask members to utilize Memory Hooks and/or LCD’s in their presentations. Let visitors know they will be introduced after all the members so that they will be able to see what is expected.
- WELCOME VISITORS to BNI® and HAVE MEMBERS INTRODUCE THEM. Tell them they may give a 60-second overview of their business.
- VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT It should address:
a. Average #of MONTHLY referrals
b. Average #of MONTHLY visitors 1st time only)
- MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE REPORT (as needed) no less than once a month to update members regarding professions still in needed in the chapter, pending applications, policies and the function of the Membership Committee.
- SECRETARY/TREASURER Should announce:
a. Speakers for the next 6 weeks (remind them to bring door prize)
b. *Introduce that week’s speaker(s) using the Bio-Sheet (i.e., years of experience years with company education, married, children, and hobbies)
- SPEAKER(S) GIVES 10 MINUTE PRESENTATION, INCLUDING QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS.
- REFERRALS: This is the most important part of the meeting.
– Visitors, tell us what part of the BNI meeting impressed you the most.
- SECRETARY/TREASURER’S REPORT It should address:
a. The investment to join (if there are no visitors, omit this), and
b. Who owes dues
- ANNOUNCEMENTS, REMINDERS, SPECIAL REPORTS: General Announcements, Chamber Mixer Dates, Trade Shows
- DOOR PRIZE DRAWING(S) FOR MEMBERS BRINGING VISITORS OR REFERRALS. Each speaker brings a door prize.
- 8:30 am CLOSE MEETING